Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Elektra"

"Elektra"
14 x 11 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
This is another quick alla prima portrait painting, this one is different than what I would usually paint.  The model was great she didn't move one bit and had a classic stare which I tried capturing.  I went to my buddies studio and painted from there which is the reason why this setup was out of my control, not to say he didn't ask for my input but I didn't want him to change the whole lighting because of me.  Truthfully I liked the lighting very different than what I'm used to but its a great challenge and something I learned a lot from.  It was interesting painting in the darks so much, kind of hard not to make your palette go muddy.  Overall had fun painting this one can't wait to do another!  Thanks for stopping by and viewing. 

No comments: