Thursday, July 19, 2018

Classical Still Life

Still Life
2018
Oil on Masonite
24 x 18 in

I've just completed a still life commission for a local interior design firm. It was such a great experience working with them. They gave me this beautiful frame to fill in, even before I started the painting. I felt a little pressure in making the painting as good looking as the frame is. As soon as I got the panel cut to size, I finished the painting with the frame attached to it. This was normal for 19-century painters to do, they could see how the finished painting would appear within the frame. I can say it helped a lot when determining if I was done or not. 


I hope everyone enjoyed this one, thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

Diana Marshall said...

Beautiful composition, fits perfectly your lovely frame.

Amilton said...

Cara, estão lindas essas imagens, Um excelente trabalho

Sergio said...

Perfeito

Carlos said...

Verdade Serfio, estão perfeita