Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Dominique"

"Dominique"
16 x 20 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
I had attended a figure painting session at a friends studio, and we had the good fortune of having a great model.  Her name is Dominique and she was such a great model, she stood still the whole time and always had a grin on her face through out the pose.  She apologized in the end for laughing so much I told her that I thought it was great because we got to see more of her true side, from that we're able to portray that onto the painting.  This is only a three hour painting wish I had more time, but I do like the result of the session.  I hope to do more of these, I truly miss doing portrait and figure paintings.  

3 comments:

Karla said...

This is really nice! You should do more of these!

Lokelani Forrest said...

I am very impressed with your 3-hour live study portrait. I am so used to seeing your fruit/veggies that this was a nice surprise to see.

Shirley Fachilla said...

Your half tones are beautiful. I do open studio portrait weekly, and you've done splendidly what I consider the hardest pose to capture, the lit side.