Saturday, February 16, 2013

Figure Drawing Demonstration

Figure Study
8 x 11 in
Graphite on Tracing Paper

I have renovated my blog to show more of my drawings along with paintings other than alla prima's.  I recently did a demo for my figure drawing class, I copied one of Anthony Ryder's figures from his book "The Artist's Complete Guide to Figure Drawing: A Contemporary Perspective On the Classical Tradition".  I did the drawing on tracing paper with just using 6b lead from the beginning to end.

 

2 comments:

Karl S said...

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for this I am on a real learning curve and I love portraits and figures. It's great to see the process of other artists. I hope you continue with this subject and I look forward to seeing more of you work whatever the subject.

Gexton said...

Striking painting, I love it. Her expression is so well captured.
Edmonton Painters