Thursday, December 27, 2012

"Ivan Kramskoy Copy"

"Copy after Ivan Kramskoy"
10 x 8 in
Oil on Canvas Panel

I hope everyone had a great holiday season, I cannot believe the year is almost over.  This Christmas I had a great time with family and friends.  I was happy to also paint and enjoy the time with everyone, I would sneak in a couple sessions when the ladies were in the kitchen cooking.  I always seem to go back to Kramskoy whenever I need to practice, his portraits are captivating and his technique is breathtaking.  I never regret doing these little studies I learn from them with each session.  I will post other studies I did from Kramskoy in later post.  

I did not take any process pictures other than this one.  This a good description how I develop a portrait.

Happy Holidays everyone and a Happy New Year!


2 comments:

Karl S said...

Johnathan, whilst I love your still lifes my favourite subject to paint and draw etc are portraits and you should do more of these. I love them.

well done mate, please post more I learn so much from studying your development photos.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing some of the process. Beautiful.