Saturday, July 9, 2011

"Key Biscayne"

"Key Biscayne"
8 x 10 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
Hi everyone I apologize for the long absence I've been visiting family for my birthday in south Florida, I've been on vacation for over a week and have been itching to get back to painting.  I did this painting on the beach yesterday it was a lot of fun to paint, I know my strongest point is not landscape painting but its something I respect and would love to dabble more in the future.  It's been really nice visiting family being together with my parents is something i've been needing for a while, it saddens me to leave and get back to the real world.  Funny story while painting this picture it was a bit of overcast seeing how cloudy it was I didn't think of putting any sunblock, not a good idea I ended with my legs really burnt and my neck as well.  The sun here gets worst by the years I definitely learned my lesson and hope next time to at least put some sunscreen no matter how cloudy it is.  I leave back to Minneapolis this evening I hope to blog more when I arrive this week.  Thanks for stopping by hope you enjoyed this one!
This is a photo of the set up and a great view of the beach.


No comments: