Friday, January 7, 2011

Alla Prima Portrait

Contact me for purchasing information
"Silvia"
11 x 14 in
Oil on linen 
I started this portrait today at a portrait painting co op around the cities.  It was a lot of fun painting this one today, the model Silvia was this very eccentric older lady that has very strong bone structure in the face.  Her facial features especially her cheekbones are very pronounced.  I loved painting her hair it had so much character to it.  I also loved being so gestural with the paints, it was a lot of fun experimenting how gestural and limited I can be at one time.  Needless to say this has been one of my favorite alla prima portraits i've done.  This portrait was painted in three hours.  
These are process pics, sorry for the poor resolution these where taken with the camera on my phone.
The final pic



4 comments:

Kim Vanlandingham said...

She's amazing! Beautiful work!

Lokelani Forrest said...

Wow...great job for three hours. Must've been fun to not have to worry about detail.

Retta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian David MacNeil said...

kenny C?