8 x 10 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
Hey everyone I wanted to remind you guys that the voting is still open, I want to say thank you to everyone who has voted for me and really appreciate it. If you have not voted yet for me and want to it's really easy all you have to do is click here and just click on the 5 stars and thats it! Its that easy! I really all appreciate your votes.
I started with the usual dry brush approach no mediums were harmed in the making of this painting! just a bit of burnt umber on the brush and thats it. After the drawing was completed I went into the shadows and the tones within the shadows. I made sure to take it almost to a finish on the each stage that I start. I am using ivory black, cadmium light red, cadmium yellow, and titanium white.
Then I add the mid tones and highlights, again taking it to a close finish. I am using permanent rose, titanium white, and cadmium red. I make sure the tones are working well with each other, bouncing back and forth from mid tones to highlights. I then start on the shadow of the second peach, using cadmium yellow, yellow ochre, ivory black, cadmium orange and a bit of viridian. I am making sure that I do not have to do major changes when I come to these areas, taking them to a close finish.
Then I add the mid tone values and highlights, I am using viridian, cadmium yellow light, and titanium white. Once I put the them in my shadows start looking different, then I go back into the shadows and work on the chroma and value. That's why I don't take it all the way to a finish but close enough when I do make those small adjustments it will be done. After the second peach is done I move onto the darkest value of the base and add that information in, I also stated the cast shadows of the peach. I am using ivory black, burnt sienna, burnt umber, and cadmium orange.
Then I add the mid values of the base, I used titanium white, naples yellow, and burnt sienna. After the base was stated I moved onto the background I used naples yellow, cerulean blue, and titanium white. When adding the background I made sure to clean the edges of the pears and base. I also added the colors of the background on the base to give it an atmospheric feel.
This is the finished pic, I added a little details here and there and just stopped. It was good practice painting these little guys, I hope you enjoyed this one and thanks for stopping by!