Thursday, March 4, 2010

"Golden Bosc Pear"

Sold
"Golden Bosc Pear"
6 x 8 in
Oil on Belgium Linen Panel
I started with a dry brush, there is no medium used in these small paintings.  I have found that the painting dries much quicker when I use no medium.
I applied the local colors of the pear and formed the big forms first.  Not getting too much into the deep darks, just getting a general feel of the big form turning.
Then I went into the background and base, I made the line where the background meets the base a bit more blurry so the focus stays on the pear.  Then I went into the edges of the pear and blurred some areas and kept others hard.
This is the finished painting, I went back into the pear and added the smaller forms or details.  I reinstated the blacks so the form can be complete, I also lightened some areas of the base so it will flow better visually with the pear.  I hope you enjoyed!


3 comments:

RUDHI Rüscher said...

Hardworking too, Magician!

TSL said...

Perfect ;-)

Violetta Smith said...

Jonathan, you probably already know that you are an amazing artist. I love your blog. Great to see the steps and final masterpiece.